Gajner Palace Hotel

Gajner Palace, a unit of HRH Group of Hotels is an incomparable jewel in the Thar Desert. Built by H. H. Maharaja Sir Ganga Singhji of Bikaner, Gajner Palace is approx. 30 km. from Bikaner and was once used by His Highness as a hunting lodge. Spread over 6000 acres, Gajner Palace has a private wildlife sanctuary home to endangered antelopes like chinkaras, black bucks, neelgais and other animals. During winter, the lake is home to migratory birds including the Imperial Sand Grouse. Gajner is located near Kolayat, and old historic village with a holy lake (Kapil Sarovar) and numerous temples. It attracts thousands of pilgrims especially during Kaitik Pumima (full moon in October-November.)

Gajner Palace is divided into five different wings: Dungar Niwas, Mandir Chowk, Gulab Niwas, Champa Niwas and Sardar Niwas. The hotel offers 31 well-appointed rooms and II suites: each suite has been meticulously restored to its original grandeur. Camel and Jeep Safaris, Horse riding, billiards, tennis and boating can be enjoyed at Gajner Palace. There is a 4-km track for cycling or long walks.

Some dignitaries who have visited Gajner Palace:
Governor General Lord Elgin,
Lord Mountbatten of Burma,
Prince of Wales (1905),
Lord lrwin (1927).